Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Super Bowl Means It's Baseball Season



I'm a Jets fan which pretty much explains why I've never really got too excited about the Super Bowl. When they finally make it to one I'll probably feel differently. However, as this point I find the entire hoopla surround the Super Bowl over the top. 

The fact that the entire country stocks up on junk food and beer and gets excited to watch 6 hours of pre-game and 4 hours of commercials is crazy. I have no allegiance to either the New England Patriots or the Seattle Seahawks (although Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was a one time Jets coach so I'll go for them). Even funnier is that all of this craziness revolves around a game that contains a total of approximately 11 minutes of action.

The real reason that I get excited about the Super Bowl is that it means that it's the end of the football season and ushers in the start of the baseball season. The Hot Stove heats up and it's just a few weeks until Spring Training. 

So enjoy the Super Bowl and it's just 21 days until Mets pitchers and catchers report to Port St. Lucie!


No comments:

Post a Comment